Reflection on teaching

 As a part of two year B.Ed curriculum, there was a teaching practice section. Unfortunately, as there was no respite from novel coronavirus, we were asked to do teaching practice in two sections - third semester and fourth semester. 

In Third semester we were asked to teach 10 online class and 10 peer class. I get an opportunity to take class at Marthoma girls high school, Kottarakkara. I selected the unit 'Decimal forms' and teach them also conduct a diagnostic test and achievement test.

  In fourth semester, we were asked to take 15 online class and 15 peer class. The first section was online teaching for school students. I get an opportunity to take class at Marthoma girls high school, Kottarakkara. I selected the units 'Identities' and also conduct a diagnostic test and achievement test. The students are active and interactive. They help me to transact the content easily. Students asked doubt and they give immediate responses. This helps me to improve my confidence, teaching, and content knowledge. In the peer teaching section, I selected the unit 'Money math' and 'Arithmetic sequence'.The peer teaching was two sections- online and offline. There were 10 classes online and 5 classes offline. In these five classes, I experienced the real teaching. In these classes, I can use learning aids such as activity cards, chat, models,... It was a nice experience. 

 From the teaching practice, I got not only content knowledge but also technological knowledge. Network issue was the only problem faced in the online teaching practice. Otherwise, it was nice and it helps to improve quality of teaching.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Community Living Camp- EXPLORE 2021

Workshop on music